Setting Up User Folders
The Ark Media Manger comes as a standalone application and can be configured to work in a variety of ways, with other extensions as well as the ARK Editor. The steps below outline the basic principles to sync the ARK Media Manager with the ARK Editor.
Enabling and Disabling User Folders
To enable or disable user folders:
- Navigate to 'Extensions' > 'Plugin Manager'. This will take you to the 'Plugin Manager: Plugins' screen as seen below.
- Under 'Select Type', select the 'arkmedia-feature' plugin.
- Click on the'Ark Media Feature-Upload', 'Status' button to enable or disable user folders.
Allowing Users to see all Folders
You can allow specific user groups to see the root media folder locations, regardless of whether user folders is active. To do this:
- Navigate to 'Components' > 'Ark Media'. This will take you to the 'Ark Media' screen, as seen below.
- Click on the 'Options' button found at the top right hand side of the screen. This will take you to the 'Ark Media Cofiguration' screen, as seen below.
- Click on the 'Plugins' tab and click on 'Ark Media Feature - User Folders'.
- Select the user groups you wish to be exempt, from the 'User Group Exemptions' dropdown list.
- Click on the 'Save'.
There are further settings for user folders in 'Ark Editor Configuration'.
- Navigate to 'Components' > 'Ark Editor' > click on the 'Options' button on the top right hand side of the screen. This will take you to the 'Ark Editor Configuration' screen, as seen below.
- Select the 'Media' tab.
Below is a description of the settings.
Please see below for an example of the user folder structure on the server.
The file path for these files (by default) is:
Please note that once you have chosen your configuration, the users, username / id will be embedded in the image file path.
E.g, image file path:
img src="/ images/users/username/mypic.jpg " alt="