Updating the Ark Media Manager using Joomla's Auto-Update
To update the Ark Media Manager, using Joomla's auto-update, you need to be using, at least, Ark Media version 1.7.3b. Also you must be logged in, to the Ark Extensions website, in the same browser, that you are using, Joomla’s auto-update in.
The Ark Media Manager is still in Beta state so the minimum stability, of the extension updates, that you would like to see, need to be set to, 'Beta'.
To do this:
- Navigate to 'Extensions' > click on 'Manage'. This will take you to the 'Extensions: Install' screen.
- Click on the 'Options' button, this will take you to the 'Installer: Options' screen.
- Select 'Beta' from the 'Minimum Stability' dropdown list and click on 'Save & Close'. This will take you back to the 'Extensions: Install' screen.
You can now update, the Ark Media Manager. To do this:
- Click on the 'Update' button. This will take you to the 'Extensions: Update' screen.
- Check 'Ark Media Manager' and click on the 'Update' button. You will now have updated the Ark Media Manager, to the latest version.
Unable to Find Updates
If you can’t find any updates, click on the 'Find Updates' button.
If there still doesn't appear to be any Ark media updates available, you may need to purge/ clear the cache in the update screen. To do this: Click on the 'Clear Cache' button, then again, click on 'Find Updates'.
If you are still unable to find updates, try refreshing the manifest cache. To do this:
- Click on 'Manage'. This will take you to the 'Extensions: Manage' screen.
- Search for 'Ark Media'.
- Select all the filtered results and click 'Refresh Cache', to pull through the new version, of Ark Media's update details.
- Click on 'Update'. This will take you back to the 'Update' screen.
- Click on 'Find Updates'.
Please note: You may see an old error message, on the 'Extension: Update' screen. This is a known issue and it is something, that we are working on fixing.